Saturday, January 23, 2010

Get started with a blog and with making videos

Mindy McAdams is an accomplished multimedia journalist who now teaches at the University of Florida.

Many professional journalists who knew nothing about the Internet or blogging have become proficient in digital journalism by using her tutorials. Here are a few that could be useful if you´re trying to get started.

Read blogs

Start a blog

Learn how to shoot decent photos

Learn to shoot video

Edit your movie with iMovie or Windows Movie Maker


Jaycut and Motionbox are two other free programs for editing video that are available online.

This is a 3-minute video I shot using a video camera that is the size of a cellphone, called a Flip camera. I edited it in iMovie.

I shot about 30 minutes of video and used about 3 minutes, and even that is probably too much. Individual shots that last more than 3 or 4 seconds will lose a viewer if they don´t have some compelling movement or activity.

For me, it takes about one to two hours to edit each minute of video. Shooting and editing video isn´t what I do best. I´m really a writer, editor and teacher. But I can do the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

All Comments